Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 31: Winter gets purty

February 2 2011 . . .The snow today has a sheet of ice over it. So walking in the yard is actually rather hard on the joints. It's that step-crunch, step-crunch walk. You know, when you put your weight onto your foot and it punches violently through the ice layer and down through about four inches of snow. Miserable stuff.

But I venture out to get some photos, because I'm taking a photo a day, dammit. So I get some bleak, gray photos and go back inside.  Take my boots off, fire up the computer and look out the window.

What's this? The sun's out? It comes out now, after I've already risked my delicate ankles out there?

Well, sh**.  As any photographer knows, it's all about the light, right? I have to go back out, no choice.  Cowgirl up and back out there. Step-crunch, step-crunch to the backyard.

It's late afternoon, the sun is out and a cool blue sky. The limbs of the trees are enclosed in ice and in the light of the sun it appears as everything is made of crystal. Well worth the trip back out there, I think.

This is the buckeye tree shining in the winter sun.  Kinda purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment