Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 15: The end to TV dinners

Jan 17 2011 . . . We did a major kitchen remodel last summer.  Took things down to the bare studs and built it all back.  When I say we, what I really mean is the contractor.  I just stood around with a diet Coke and watched.

I'd say the whole endeavor was a challenge.  This is an older home and was built by very small people who didn't cook. The kitchen is ridiculously teeny. You've heard the term triangle when referring to kitchen design? The working space between sink, stove and fridge? Well, when I say stay out of my triangle, it really is the kinder version of get the hell out my kitchen so I can move in here.

We conquered most of the design monsters right away, except for two. I still haven't found any window treatments worthy of putting nails into that virgin drywall. And we needed a new table and chairs that would fit in the redesigned breakfast nook.

Checking off one from the list.  We found a slate pub table and comfy bar stool chairs.  Stylish and matches the kitchen colors. It's a win.

Now off to find curtains for those odd sized 60 year old windows.  They neighbors already know too much about us and this isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment