Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 17: Angel in the morning

Jan 19 2011 . . . Last fall I was jazzed to find out that one of my photos won a local competition. I gotta keep the bragging to a minimum, though.  It was a small contest held by a local business.  Which was, you know, a cemetery.

But it's a historical cemetery, full of famous people. Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum is the resting place of  the Wright Brothers, Orville and Wilbur, themselves.  And Erma Bombeck.  The guy who invented the cash register.  John Patterson, founder of NCR, is there.  Who, by the way, did not invent the cash register. Patterson bought the rights to it for about $150 bucks and made his fortune from it.

My photo of the McMillan angel brought in a first place award in the Forever Elegant category.  I grabbed this shot below on a foggy winter morning.

I realize I'm in a minority of folk who link foggy mornings with photo opps, but really, the filtered light is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment