Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 22: It's good to have goals

Jan 24 2011 . . . I always say, it's good to have goals in life.  Although when I say that, it's usually sarcasm in response to something stupid that I've done. Like making it to a level 23 druid in Diablo or something like that.

But not this goal. Literacy is a big deal for me. To be well read, I believe, is the basic groundwork for a successful and happy life. It can also put big words into your vocabulary so you can talk real good to people. So I can say words like pretentious and superfluous, you know. My big goal each year is to read a minimum of thirty books. Any size, any genre, but I want it to total a score plus ten.

Why choose thirty? Because not only is it a stretch, it also can be done. I somehow seem to manage it year after year.

Here's book number one for 2011.  My favorite author, Michael Chabon. This one was pretty darn good and I may read through it a second time. But if I do, does it count as one or two books? A personal moral dilemma to struggle with.

A note about the photo; I did photoshop to create a glow with the while lettering cuz I think it looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment