Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 7: Here fishy fishy

Jan 9 2011 . . . I didn't think it possible. That I'd be too old to change.  Not that I'm old, you know.  But I'm not in my twenties anymore.  Or thirties.  Ah, but yes, still in my forties. 

But is it possible to make a major lifestyle adjustment at this not-so-old stage of life?

Why yes, it is possible. And there's less of me warming this chair to prove it.  Through the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holiday seasons, I stayed the course. We nearly gave up all red meat and turned our palates to fish and chicken. Keeping it slow and steady, there is a definite improvement in how I feel.

This is a shot of one of my favorite dinners. Oven roasted steelhead trout with a Cajun rub, that we slice and put over salad greens with a low fat vinaigrette dressing. The bread is just there for show. I've forgone most breads, except for the high fiber, whole grain stuff.  Which is another lifestyle change. I found out that high fiber diets and late afternoon meetings in the office are not really compatible. 

If you don't know what I mean, you obviously don't have enough fiber in your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment