Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 19: Got mooned

Jan 21 2011 . . . The temperature took a deep dive this morning and everything is frozen over. The fresh snow is crunchy; the car is a cryofreezer. While I'm waiting for the defrosters to do their thing on the Toyota, I take some shots of the backyard.  It's early morning, just at daybreak. I'm facing west for this shot, the sunrise about to appear at my back.

It's difficult to get a low light photo like this without a tripod. Camera shake is an issue and the moon is a light source itself and will show only as a glowing orb; no details. So I geek around with white balance and shutter speeds. I end up liking this one best of the subtle two-tone blue cast that the camera saw. Specs on this shot: ISO 640, shutter speed 1/64 sec, f/5.6.  

No comments:

Post a Comment